Tuesday, May 6, 2008

One has to start somewhere

"I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.”
P.G. Wodehouse

Being inspired by some of the great blogs I have read over past few years, I finally decided to take the plunge. I am an Orthodox Christian priest of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America. I am a native Californian and my home and parish are also in California. I took the name of my blog from a quote from my favorite author (at least of the 20th Century), P.G. Wodehouse. Wodehouse, if you don't know, was a very prolific author of British farce. He was brilliant at it, and since he wrote comedy, he doesn't get enough respect. The quote (and the blog name) appealed to me due to due its humor and my own sense of whimsy.

Well that's my start. We will see where it goes from here.

Christ is Risen!
Fr Michael

1 comment:

FrPatrick said...

Truly, He is risen!
A greeting from one blogging neophyte to another!
I wish you well in your endeavor. May your work be blessed, and may you find a niche which suits you in this wonderful mode of outreach.
your friend, Fr Patrick
www.fatherpatrick.wordpress.com